Defence Finance Officer (full-time)
Salary NZ$52,106.65 + KiwiSaver employer contribution equivalent to 6% of salary
(security assessment position)
Due to Australian security requirements, applications from Australian, British, United States or Canadian citizens only. Dual Australian/New Zealand nationals are also eligible, however New Zealand citizens are not eligible to apply.
The Defence Section in the Australian High Commission co-ordinates Australian Defence engagements and activities within New Zealand, Cook Islands and Chile.
We seek an experienced finance officer to join our small team.
- Processing of invoices and management of accounts payable and receivables including general ledger transactions
- Processing and reconciliation of Australian Defence staff allowances
- Develop an annual budget and reporting variances for the financial year
- File management of finance related information
- Preparation of residential leases for Australian Defence staff
- Management of Australian Defence owned furniture database and stock-takes
- Assistance with events and other duties as required.
The role will suit an organised and flexible team member who has sound experience with financial processes and practices, strong data entry and advanced MS Excel skills ideally in the public sector. You will be able to work autonomously, sensitively handle confidential information, have very good attention to detail and be comfortable with communicating with people at all levels.
Hours are full time (37.5hrs per week) in a modern office in Thorndon with complimentary staff parking, gym and squash court and comprehensive leave entitlements.
You will be required to handle confidential information and will be required to undergo a security and police check. Your ability to obtain an Australian Government Security Clearance is essential.
For the full job description, please click here.
For further application requirements, please click here.
Applications including a one page pitch and CV of no more than 3 pages should be forwarded by NZ time 4pm Friday 17 August 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include supporting documentation to satisfy the above security requirements.