High Commissioner’s Driver and Administration Assistant
Salary NZ$46,020.31 + KiwiSaver employer contribution equivalent to 6% of salary
As official Driver for the Australian High Commissioner, this role requires you to have initiative, flexibility, attention to detail and high standards of security and confidentiality.
Your core duty is to drive the High Commissioner and spouse (when required) to meetings and events around Wellington plus assist with the driving of official visits for Australian Ministers.
Your administrative and other duties include:
- managing stationery and kitchen supplies for Commission;
- assist with daily incoming and outgoing mail;
- manage Commission’s vehicle fleet including processing mileage and fuel purchases;
- Workplace and Diversity Officer; and
- assisting other teams when back-up is required.
The role will suit an organised, positive and responsive team player who can manage different priorities. You will be comfortable with technology, be able to communicate well with people at all levels and show initiative and self-direction in delivering your work.
Experience or qualifications as a driver in a similar role is desirable as well as a good knowledge of the Wellington region. Australian citizenship is not required but a full, clean New Zealand driver’s licence is compulsory.
Ordinary hours are 37.5hrs per week but after hours and weekend paid overtime is also routinely required.
AUSTRALIAN HIGH COMMISSION WELLINGTON
LOCALLY ENGAGED STAFF JOB DESCRIPTION
POSITION NO: 11017
DESIGNATION: High Commissioner’s Driver & Administration Assistant
SUPERVISOR: Human Resources, Travel & Visits Manager
- Provide efficient, safe and reliable driver and messenger services for the Head of Mission and other staff of the High Commission (including regular overtime).
- Maintain the High Commission vehicle fleet in a safe and roadworthy condition and manage recording of vehicle mileage and fuel purchases.
- Assist with daily incoming and outgoing mail.
- Manage stationery store and general office/kitchen supplies.
- Develop and manage implementation of parking and vehicle management plans for High Commission functions in consultation with Public Affairs Manager.
- Utilise downtime during driving duties to assist with and perform a range of other administrative support duties as directed.
- Involvement with transportation plans for official visits with input from AHC staff.
- Provide input to High Commissioner’s schedule in liaison with High Commissioner’s EA.
- Assist with variety of research and policy work as directed.
- Assist Public Affairs team when required.
- Assisting with A-Based administration inquiries including customs declarations and fuel excise refunds.
- Workplace and Diversity Officer.
- Other duties as directed.
Applications should consist of a CV and a covering letter and be forwarded by mid-day NZ time, Friday 21 July 2017 to email@example.com