High Commissioner’s Driver and Administration Assistant
Salary NZ$46,020.31 + KiwiSaver employer contribution equivalent to 6% of salary
Join the Australian High Commission based in Wellington to be the official driver for our High Commissioner.
Your core duty is to drive the High Commissioner to meetings and events around Wellington as well as other High Commission staff during the day to various work related appointments. You will also be required to provide driving assistance for official visitors of the High Commission.
In addition to the driving responsibilities you will be required to complete administrative and other duties which include:
· maintain the High Commission’s fleet including servicing, fuel management and mileage sheets;
· develop logistics plans for official visits;
· manage and maintain stationery and office supplies;
· complete fuel excise refunds on behalf of the High Commission and staff;
· co-ordinate travel arrangements and accommodation including travel allowances and reconciliations for official staff travel; and
· provide assistant to corporate team as required.
Knowledge & Skills:
· experience as a driver or a similar role is highly desirable;
· excellent driving knowledge of the Wellington region;
· exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills;
· flexible team player willing to assist colleagues;
· demonstrate initiative and self-direction in managing conflicting deadlines and difficult situations;
· high standards of security and confidentiality; and
· experience using with MS Office.
This is a full time position (37.5 hours per week) with some driving required outside normal hours. Due to the nature of this role, candidates who are flexible, adaptable and based locally in the Wellington area are encouraged to apply. You must hold a full New Zealand driver’s licence with a clean driving record.
The job description is available here.
Applications should consist of a one page pitch and CV of no more than 3 pages and a copy of your full NZ drivers licence by 4pm NZ time, Friday 22 February 2019 to email@example.com